Sunday, December 21, 2008

I had to bar tend  tonight at work so my brother Paul brought my mom in for dinner.  After they got to their table my sister Michele and Bubba (her husband) came in and surprised mom.  They showed up early from Oregon and will be staying with her for Christmas.  It was nice to see them and I am glad she will be here to be with mom.  The Holiday season has been hard for me to get into this year and I think it has a lot to do with loosing dad.  I miss him so much.  I never thought it would be like this.  I have had to deal with loss in my life but nothing compares with the emptiness of not having my dad around.  He was always so kind and taught us all how to love unconditionally and forgive completely.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that life is eternal and I will see him again. I hope to be worthy of that blessing.   Well my shopping is almost done and the gifts still need to be wrapped and tucked under the tree.  I decided to bake this year for the first time in many years.  It has been therapeutic for me and I taught Becka how to make cookies.  She has been my little helper and we have had lots of fun.  We still have to frost the sugar cookies and we will be done.  This is or first Christmas where we have no believers left.  Another new hurdle to kids growing up.  Each stage brings with it new things to love and be thankful for.  I had a friend ask if I missed when my kids were little and my first thought was that I love each stage they are in as we go through it.  Each day brings new things and going back in time is not an option.  I enjoy life in the moment I live it.  Never take for granite things in this life cause tomorrow may never come or may be completely different than you ever imagined. 

4 comments:

Denice said...

wait - you served drinks? how many did you have?

kristen said...

Hi Julie! I'm so happy I found your blog. It's good to see what you're up to. Sorry to hear about your dad. My mother-in-law passed away this summer and it's been really hard on us. It gets better though, with time.

Btw... love the Christmas tree! I'm so jealous of the tree topper. I've never see that before.

Karen said...

Julie - I just found your blog thru Jacque's blog - looks great! Your little girls are growing up!

We need to go to lunch!
Love,
Karen

kristen said...

I found your blog because I'm REALLY good at blog-stalking.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Remember when I did the 12 Days of Christmas to you? That was awesome.