Saturday, January 24, 2009

CLEANING HOUSE

Well I have this compulsion that when I go out of town I obsess about cleaning my house.  Now when I have some of my spur of the moment trips I do not do it cause the time frame andmy energy do not permit.  However when I have a planned trip I have to clean everything.  Especially the microwave.  You see I would hate if anything were to happen to me and any one came into my house and thought I was a rotten house keeper.  Weird I know.  But this thought haunts me.. So when I was cleaning house with Rachel we get to talking and laughing.  Well the topic of boys came up and she was talking of her friends uncle who is 17.  Her words "mom he is dreamy, totally hot, you should check him out"  OK disturbing to have your daughter who is 12 and will be 13 on Tuesday talk like this.  Well she gets her laptop and pulls up a picture of this boy and she was right..   She also informed me that she really wants a tattoo.  I hope I make it through her teenage years.  Jacquie was my girl who never liked boys or if she did she did not talk crazy about them.  Rachel is one crazy, love able girl.  As I type this she says" mom your hair is dirty and I want to chop off my arm." She is so random  got to love her!!!!

2 comments:

Rusty and Jacquie said...

So lately this blog is a shrine of RACHEL!! good luck with that girl she is a handful!! Never would have thought so but boy as she gets older I am like dang!! I was such a good kid I swear...never caused ANY problems!! :) I hope my kids take after their mother in that sense...wierd I am going to be a mother...it brings me to tears to think that! For excitement of course and the lack of qualification! Mom you were such an awesome mom...of course you still are. I am so grateful I had a down to earth lovely mother and father who raised me to the women I am today. Seriously I mean that!!

So your obbsession...just so you know has been passed on to your daughter. I hate leaving the house a mess...I always have to have a clean house when I go out of town but not for the same reason as you!! You silly goose I never knew that was why...but it makes so much sense! :)

Gail said...

How did I not know that you had a blog???!!! I am soooo excited to have a connection with you again!! (since we can't seem to get together for lunch:).
I didn't even know jacquie had a blog and when I saw her comment on Lori's blog, I clicked on it and saw "mom"...so excited:).
Anyway, where are you going that you're cleaning up for? Just got back from Disneyland, your fav. place. Hey, I have a blog too, but it's blocked so send me your email and I'll invite you. (ellsworthfamily@cox.net)
I love your house changes and all your fun posts! I can't believe how grown up your kids are....love the Christmas morning pic!