6 years ago
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Mad as Heck
Ok so you know how you work really hard to loose weight and you finally feel good about yourself and your looks???? Well that was me, ( never happy with my looks), when I lost 70 lbs. Well with the loss of my second job, loosing my dad, and just some stress I have been under I put back on 15 pounds. I was feeling like things were not right with me so I went to see the Dr. Ya well loosing weight may have been good for me but my health report was worse than when I weighed more. I went to the Dr. and was sent in for some blood tests and the next day the office called to have me come in for the test results. Never a good sign to have to go back in and get the results. I am ok but have been diagnosed with some of the same problems that contributed to my fathers death after years of him ignoring them. Well the good news is that with medicine, diet, and exercise I can be good as new> What a bunch of crap. I should just have stayed fat and never tried to be healthier. Ok so not the right attitude. I know it would have been way worse if I were still in a size _ _. (I will not say my original size) So trying to figure out how to get out of my little rut I decided I needed to gear up for the new changes I need to make and what better way than to stuff yourself for the next couple days with things you should no longer have. I had friends from work that were going to Vegas and I went with them. I ate so many of my favorite foods while there and had a great time. Crepes, sourdough bread, candy, french fries, pastries, prime rib, and lots more. I enjoyed the food but the company made it even better. My stomach hurts now that I am home and it's not from the food but from laughing so hard for 3 days. I did not know that laughter could be a workout. I seriously laughed until I cried so many times and it was exactly what I needed. Now I can get serious and make some healthy changes. On my way home from a perfect couple days Jacquie called me and made my day even better. I love that girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am sorry mom!! That's never fun to hear...I just want you to know I love you too!!! Check out my new BLOG!!!
What's the deal? I wouldn't think your health had anything to do with losing the weight, but more to do with, dare I say it, us all getting older. Good luck, and if I can help with keeping goals or anything, let me know. I can cheerlead from the sidelines.
Your post reminded me of another trip to Vegas, six years ago. Can you believe it was that long ago? I have many mixed memories of that trip. Some good, some painful. But I'll never forget it.
So glad to have found your blog. It's like finding a lost friend, ashamedly one who lives half a mile away. But it's like I see you a few times every week!
Love to you
that sucks, but you can do it!
Post a Comment