Friday, February 20, 2009

Baby

I was working last night like I do Thursday night's lately when the "to go specialist" came out and told me I had a phone call.  Now I have worked at the OG for 15 months and have NEVER had a phone call at work so I knew it wasn't good.  It was Jacquie and she had been at a play with Rusty and started bleeding pretty badly.  She did not know what to do and so she called me.  I told her to call her Dr and see what he suggested.  This is not the first time she has had bleeding this pregnancy but this has been by far the worst.  After not being able to get hold of her Dr I advised her to go to the ER.  That place was a zoo and after 3 hours she finally got a pair of hospital PJ bottoms to change into.  They checked her blood levels and did another ultrasound and the baby is still OK for now.  They said she still is not out of the woods but the little heart is still beating strong.  The Dr told her she was having some type of hemorrhage where the baby has attached itself.  Well what does that mean??? She had to get another shot of rogham.  I was not sure how that all works so the Dr was kind enough to explain it all.  You see Jacquie has Rh negative blood and if by chance the baby is Rh positive and has any bleeding it would be like Jacquie getting the wrong blood in a blood transfusion so the shot aids in her not reacting to the wrong blood.  They can not tell us if everything is going to be OK but dang it that's what I want to hear.  I want my daughter and her baby to be healthy and strong.  So we take it one day at a time.  Have faith, pray and leave it in the hands of our Heavenly Father.  

6 comments:

Brad said...

this all sounds too sneakingly familiar. Hang in there, Jacquie. Hang in there, Grandma.
From one who understands.

jen said...

BTW that comment was from me on Brad's computer

julz said...

I figured that although I think Brad should visit my blog

Karen said...

Hold on - I will keep you and Jacquie in my prayers!!

Gail said...

Such scary stuff for you both (all)! I will keep on praying for her, and I believe in the power of prayer. Just remind her to trust in the Lord. It WILL all work out:). Love you both!

Denice said...

she will be fine. the lord is watching over.