Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Trouble Again

Well the baby is acting up again.  More heavy bleeding and cramping and off her feet.  I know when a late phone call comes from Jacquie it's not good.  I am the night owl not her.  I went to her apartment and brought her something to drink (she tends to not drink enough) and slept on her couch in the event of an ER run.  She made it through the night OK and stayed down all day while I cleaned and did laundry.  Rusty had several hours of homework to do and is speaking in church tomorrow and  had a talk to write.  I had issues with bleeding during all my pregnancies but nothing as much as she has had.  The bleeding has slowed down today and she will stay off her feet till she sees what her Dr says on Monday.  At least when I had problems I actually talked to my Dr.  I feel like I had kids in the days of house calls because Dr's now do not really call back the nurse does and says stay off your feet and she will let the Dr know what is going on.  So Monday can't come soon enough to put our minds at ease and hopefully the Dr will see her and make sure the baby is OK.  All this has given Jacquie a much better look at what being a mom is all about.  All the worry and concern she has felt for someone she has never even laid eyes on or felt move.  The love you have for your children starts way before they are born and will never go away.  I am so grateful I have a job that allows me the freedom to be there for my friends and family when they need me.  It has been such a blessing for me to help Jacquie and Rusty I feel it is such a small way to repay for all the love and help I have received over the years.  Serving is such a rewarding feeling that I only wish I could do more.  

5 comments:

jen said...

How far along is she now? Hope she has a good doctor.

Tara said...

I know what you mean about the serving part, it is such a reward. Jacquie is lucky to you for a mom. I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with all of this! What a trial. Keeping you guys in my prayers!

Michelle said...

I was really disappointed to see this post and see that Jac was having trouble again. I thought that for sure she was on an upward slope and that everything was going to be okay. I hope the doctor visit goes well tomorrow. I am definitely keeping you guys in my prayers as well. Love you!

Michelle said...

Hey Julie, we will definately keep you both in our prayers, that has to be so hard, we are thinking of you guys :)

Rusty and Jacquie said...

Thanks for the love and supportive comments gals! It is much needed. I try to stay very positive but it is just a bit trying on me...and for you mom there is more dishes!! haha jk! thanks for all your help on Saturday