Monday, March 23, 2009

I think everyone is falling apart

Well Jacquie goes into the Dr in the morning cause they were overbooked today and the bleeding is down to spotting so they feel she can wait till morning.  I feel like her Dr is kinda laxed but I have been out of the baby business and am not sure how things  work now a days.  Is it her Dr or do Dr's in general have  a laid back attitude.  They look at it like if she is gonna mis-carriage they can't do anything but let nature take it's course.  My mom has been sick since last Wed.  She had Becka over for a sewing day and she started feeling light headed and just not well.  She went in today to find out her blood pressure is very high and her urine is showing an infection.  She called me Saturday just to tell me she was sick cause she felt someone should know.  She is so lonely and hates to be alone and not feeling well only adds to it.  I found out today I will need surgery on both my hands.  It is to the point where they are numb alllll the time and I find it hard to grasp certain objects.  Makes it kinda hard to serve and carry trays and bar tend and open bottles.  I am tired of being in pain but have decided to postpone it longer.  I got 3 shots in my hands today and I am hoping to get by as long as I can with their help.  Wow did that hurt.  Dr said tomorrow would be worse but than each day should become less and less painful.  The tendon is something that will take time to heal but the nerve damage will be corrected with the surgery.  We went to the Denton's for dinner tonight and we had a really nice time.  I had not been in their new house yet and it is gorgeous. They have only lived there for like a year and a half but whenever I have gone there it's been outside or at the door.  On my way there Cindy text me to tell me to read her sons web site.  He had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland last Tues and the surgery went really well. They got all the tumor but he is having some complications today.  Why why why??????  I have a friend who's mom had a brain tumor removed at the same hospital a couple weeks ago and is progressing slowly......  It  is weird for me to see so many health in people issues right now.  I truly think it is a way for the Lord to humble us and draw closer to Him.  I see it as going 2 ways.  Letting Satan get us discouraged and resentful or relying on the Lord and drawing closer to Him.  
Trials tend to make or break people but we must remember we will not be given more than we can handle.  Sometimes I wonder but I believe that to be true.  I also believe we choose how we handle trials.  At times I feel close to the Lord through them and other times far far away.  When I feel far away I feel discouraged and alone and I know He would not want me to feel that way.  Sometimes I feel I am being punished and that I deserve what I get.  Another way He would not want me to feel.  So as we go through our trials I pray that I can deal with them the way the Lord would have me and that in the end I will be stronger.  Just found out Danny will have surgery at noon tomorrow.  Say a little prayer for his family.  If you want to make a donation or read his story here is the link....


1 comment:

Tara said...

That is sooo weird. Sad, and complications are so frustrating. Everyone is going through so much right now! I believe you aren't given anything you can't handle too, but I like what Mother Theresa said about that, she wished God just didn't have so much confidence in her. Ha. I love that. I will say prayers for all your family. Keep the faith and patience, that is the ultimate lesson, I think.