Next I went to visit my mom and bring her the prescription from the Dr. She is doing better today but still not feeling great. She said the Dr questioned her about the possibilities of her having a stroke cause of her blood pressure but she has not noticed any changes in herself that coincided with a stroke. I need to keep my eye on her.
Next to the hospital to visit with Mich and to see her mom. It is fun to see Mich and her little baby bump and how much her pregnancy seems to agree with her. She just seems to glow and is so beautiful. Becoming a mom is a wonderful process. It was nice to visit with Kathleen and witness first hand the progress she has made. It brought tears to my eyes to see her struggle during physical therapy and to see the dedication, strength, and effort it took for her to do some of the simplest things we all take for granted. Simple commands were given and much concentration was given and the task was performed. She was inspiring to see. The brain is amazing and it can be retrained. I also looked on with admiration at Kathleen for not giving up and working so hard to conquer this. One of the most amazing things to see was the loving care given to her by her family. To see her girls there cheering her on giving her the reasons to push forward was heart warming. When your family faces a crisis each member seems to step up to the plate and does their part to help weather it's babysitting for someone so they can be at the hospital, bringing up the grand babies to make grandma smile, or doing things at home to make things run smoothly while mom is in the hospital. Family is there to rally around each other and support one another and I am thankful I am able to witness such a family give selfless service to their mom, dad, and each other.
Next to the surgical waiting area for Danny's surgery. After about an hour the Dr came in to tell Ashley, Bret and Cindy about how surgery went. They were able to remove several areas on his left leg that were infected and as he was saying they thought they got it all he was paged only to find out the lab said they needed the areas cleaned out further and that the margin's were not clean. The Dr went back into surgery for over another hour and came back to say they enlarged the areas of skin and tissue they removed the first time, they took some ligament and muscle tissue biopsies, and put sponges with pumps in the wounds to keep the areas clean and allow them to heal. They are not sure if he is out of the woods yet because they are still not sure the type of infection he has. They hope to know for sure in the next couple days but the Dr feels it is a very aggressive type that can be fatal if not treated properly. I can not remember what he called it but they will be watching him very closely. When they brought Danny to his room and we were there he was still kinda out of it but he could not understand why we were so happy. He thought he was dreaming at first cause he was alive and everyone seemed to be OK. I think he did not expect to make it through surgery and was confused by our demeanor. We explained to him that he has a serious infection and he has some large chunks taken out of his leg, they did not have to amputate and they feel like the infection at this time has been removed. His condition is guarded and will hopefully improve as the days go on. One concern was the anesthesia but he came through that as well. Prayers, prayers, prayers.
I returned to my house in time to get my kids to bed and to be thankful for all the little miracles I was able to see today. I saw things today that help me to know that the Lord does hear and answer our prayers and although we have trials we are loved by Him unconditionally. For these blessings I am forever thankful.





7 comments:
I'm so glad Jacquie's baby is ok. Still scary but at least she has a cause unrelated to the baby. And sometimes it's not such a bad thing to have someone tell you to take it easy. :)
Hi Julie, it's Eliza- Michelle's sister. Just wanted to thank you for this post and for visiting our mom. It's kind of nice to hear an outside perspective. So sorry to hear about all the trials that Jacquie is suffering through during her pregnancy, I can't imagine how difficult and stressful that would be. At least you know that the baby is ok, what would we do without modern medicine. Take care!
Sorry you guys are sick. Never thought in a million years it was contagious to adults or . . . well, I guess I didn't even know until you walked through the door, so I can't be held responsible. Feel better.
Hey Jules thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for Jac and hope that the baby will be okay. It was so great to see you and have you come visit my mom it mean alot to me and to her. I hope that Danny's infection is completely gone in his leg. You are such a great friend and so supportive. I know that you genuinley care. Love ya.
wow girlfriend. such a roller coaster. make sure you take care of yourself!
Wow, now I know exactly what you've been up to. I'm so sorry about everything! I just finished reading about Danny and I just can't believe it. I just saw Cindy on Saturday and she didn't mention anything. He is amazingly strong to have survived this past few months!
I'm glad to hear Jacquie's baby is looking good on the inside. I meant what I said about helping you clean or take care of anything you need help with.
As far as YOU, I AM bringing you dinner! Just say where and when:). I didn't know about your hands either....we need to talk:). For now I'll just add you to the list of people I'm praying for!
I'm so glad Kathleen is making progress...I love her!
Maybe your next "day off" won't half to be spent so much in the hospital(s). Hang in there and don't forget to take care of YOU!
wow I didn't know ya had a blog!!! do you have face book?? allot is going on with you and fam. that was nice of you t go see kathleen i need to get up there next time you go give me a call... so what happen with to danny??? jackie looks so cute and just to let you know being a grandma is the best!! you have a great family picture, and tell Brett I say Hi...
Post a Comment