Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why Go Private

I don't really understand why people go private.  I read on blogs that they are going private mostly from people leaving bad messages on their blog.  I monitor my comments so they are not posted before I read it and I choose to publish them or not.  Part of the reason I blog is to keep in touch with people I have lost contact with.  It is fun to blog search and find old friends and read up on their lives.  I also gain perspective from reading others points of view.  I am sure there are people who may read my blog and think I  am different or that I may not write eloquently but this is me and this is what you get.  I write for me and hope others may enjoy learning a bit about me. There may be people who do not care to know things about me or my family but I make no one read what I write.  This is my outlet and I am enjoying myself.  I love to see how people decorate, raise their kids and endure the trials life brings each one of us.  I want to be able to leave a random comment on some ones blog and have them appreciate it like I do when I read the ones left for me.  So I will keep blogging, sharing with others, learning new things, getting new perspective, learning to decorate, monitoring my comments, and sharing a piece of ME with all of you.  Thanks for reading and leaving your comments.

8 comments:

Brad said...

Yeah, what's the deal? I mean, are your comments so profound and private that you can't let people read them?
Ok, then why blog? Seriously.
Sorry about dinner today. But we've got you written in stone in two weeks!

Michelle said...

I definitely see what you are saying and it makes total sense. That is why my blog is not private and I want to be able to find other people's blogs and visa versa. I have heard of an instance where a family's little girl was kidnapped and the kidnapper found out about the family through their blog. This is something that could have been prevented if it were private or something. Do you read Niki's friend Alex's blog? Well she recently had an anti-mormon comment on her blog and it turned in to this huge debate. I could see myself going private after that whether I monitored my comments like you or not. But anyways I was just basically saying I do see why some people do it. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with us. You are so fun and interesting! I hope you are doing well, Love you!

julz said...

I read what was Alex's blog but you can just leave a comment on her blog and I just think if you filter off those comments those people get no glory in the comments and they leave you alone. I

Karen said...

I am sure that MY blog is only read by 5 people...so why go private? Secertly we are all extroverts and this is our outlet!!

Love your blog!
Karen

PS. love you too!

Gail said...

I wish I didn't have to be private, but in a way, I do feel "safer" expressing whatever I want since I know only friends and family are "watching", but I miss having random friends drop in whenever. Glad I finally found your blog, It's fun to keep in touch one way or another:). Just remember not to reveal too much personal info and you're fine. I think the way you do the comments is smart, wish I'd know about that before I blocked, but once I knew there was some wierdo watching mine 5 times a day, I just couldn't stand it!!
Are we ever going to go to lunch or dinner or something??? Oh and could you send me Jacquie's email, she wanted me to invite her but hasn't sent it to me yet. Thanks:)

Cara Fish said...

I went private for a while because I write my blog for me and a specific group of people - my friends and family. Then I found out I had a stalker (real life) that googled me and found my blog. Really didn't want him reading about some personal stuff. Anyway - I understand what you're saying. Love you!

Jessica said...

You live in Arizona and have never been ice blocking? How is that possible?

Denice said...

some people dont like pics of their kids stollen off their blogs.