Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby Again

Well we went to the Dr today and had another ultrasound of the baby.  He is growing  normal as far as his development goes.  The tear is bigger than last week and there still are 2 tears. The tear is not something that can be sewn back together and sometimes they heal and other times they don't.  He said she could just be lying there and it could become worse.  It is not by the placenta and he said that was a good thing.  The Dr is sending her to a perinatologist for further examination. Her Dr was encouraged by the fact that he is measuring right where he should, the amniotic fluid is adequate, and his heart and kidneys look good.  I guess when you have this condition some of the problems effect the growth of the baby and they do not get proper nutrition and do not develop as they should.  He said he has seen patients with this condition with bleeds bigger than Jacquies go to term and he has seen them loose their baby's.  Since she has the RH negative factor there are also some other concerns the Dr has.  Some of her blood work came back that he had concern about but since she has received rogahm shots that might be why the levels are off.  He said it makes it kinda tricky.  Hopefully the perinatologist will help find some answers.  Till than we continue on the emotional roller coaster.  Thanks for all your love and support.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so so sorry about all this trouble that Jac has been having. I can't even imagine the emotions and the roller coaster. I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Love ya.

Taylor Anne Vail said...

WOW! I had no idea what your family was going through. We will put you ob our family prayer list!

Tara said...

I'm so sorry! Keep hanging in there you guys! So many people are praying, I hope you can feel the comfort.

jen said...

One of the complications with Micah was a placental tear, and when he delivered,
Dr. Holmes showed me the place on the placenta where the tear had repaired. When you worry, think of Micah (little Ben), and know it's possible, just long.

Gail said...

I'm so sorry you've got this emotional roller coaster ride still going on! But at least there is hope. Last I checked in things were looking bleak at best. I will continue to hope and pray things get better and all will be well. There's bound to be lesson in here somehow:). Looks like you need that drive more than ever! I'm back in town and ready when you are.
Keep HOPING!!!
BTW dinner was MY pleasure and you can count on another if this continues:).

Denice said...

((((HUGS)))))