6 years ago
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Cruise
Well I am counting down the last couple days for my big cruise. 7 blissful days of being fed whenever and whatever I want. Sleeping till I feel like getting up. No phone, no computer, no work and no contact from anyone. New ship, balcony room, the spa room upgrade, family I have not seen since my dad's funeral, and spending what would be my parent's 60th wedding anniversary at sea. The sun to put some color on my pale face, my new swimsuit to start the 2009 tan with, visiting places I have never been before. Sounds great huh......now the swine flew has put some changes into the trip. Mexico is not a place they want to take 3,000 people to possible expose us to this sickness so our trip will either be re routed or you can cancel and travel at another time. 60th anniversaries come once to some and never to others and mom needs us with her. Sure we could be in Mesa together but cancer surgery will not wait. Regardless where we go we will look at the glass as half full. Time with my brother before he faces his second surgery and cancer for the second time. This may be the last time he will be able to chew some favorite foods for a while and possibly forever. Surgery the day after we get home will determine that. So if we travel north to San Francisco, Portland and Seattle (which is where my brother lives) and spend less time in the sun and more time inside all will be worth it to be surrounded by people I love. At least if Jacquie needs me by phone I will be there for her... We will find out where my new cruise will be going in the next day or so and I still will be wishing for some place warm but may just find the warmth of my family instead. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Stupid swine flu. It is crazy what has come of it. I didn't think it would ever affect me or anyone I know but I guess I was wrong. I am sorry you cruise has to be re routed that really does stink, but you are right being with family is the best part and you will enjoy yourselves where ever you go. It is good to be with your Mom on her anniversary and will your brother that has cancer at this time. I hope all goes well. There is nothing like a good cruise. Love ya!
Well, I think you deserve this one!!! How great to just do it, and on such at such a significant time. I'm sure the memories will be priceless, I want to see all the pics!s
Aww man!! There's always somethin...
Obviously you are going to enjoy yourself no matter what happens because you have such a great attitude!
Post a Comment