Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kaden (the fighter)

Well back to the Dr. AGAIN today.  After a scheduling error Jacquie had another ultrasound and was able to see that Kaden is still growing at the rate he should be.  He looked so cute on the 3D profile picture they took.  The tech said at this stage they usually don't have such a nice profile.  He kept putting his arm across his face like he was trying to hide from the camera.   It was cute.  The level 2 machine is sooo much clearer than this machine was but knowing what to look for we were able to see his development.  He is measuring right where he should be but the bleed has also grown a bit in size.  Part of the problem with the bleed is that it creates a barrier between the lining and the uterus and oxygen and nutrients can not be passed to the baby in that area.  Jacquie also is not getting the proper amount of blood flow to her uterus which may or may not be caused by the subchorionic hemorrhage.  This can create a problem with Kaden's growth.  It may also cause preterm delivery or even  a decision to take the baby when he is old enough if they feel he will grow better on the outside than in.  We want him in there as long as possible but his growth will determine that.  They will continue to monitor it with ultrasound and when she is 24 weeks they will probably be done weekly.  She still has to take it easy and generally comes here during the day when Rusty is at work to keep from being in the same setting all the time.  She is doing so well with this but has her moments of worry.  She will continue to see both Dr's and will meet with a pediatric surgeon and a neonatologist  before Kaden is born. Rusty got his blood work done so hopefully at her next appointment they will be able to rule out many  things.  This has been a roller coaster ride and with faith and prayer they are being blessed.  Thank you all for your love and support especially now and these next few months.

5 comments:

☂niki. said...

Omg! I'm seeing ponkey on Friday. How ironic. I've only heard great things about that office. I might get transferred to the main doctor tho. He specializes in diabetic pregnancies.

jen said...

Thanks for the details. My only question is how far along is she?
Prayers and hugs

Tara said...

Well, I'm glad to hear he is still growing. Sounds like he has a little personality already. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Michelle said...

I am glad for the update. I really hope that everything goes well and that Kaden can grow in Jacs tummy for a long time. I am keepin you guys in my prayers too. I can't imagine going through what Jacquie had gone through.

Gail said...

What a little fighter he is! I hope the news continues to be good. You guys are sure getting your fill of trials lately. I hope this will only make it sweeter when he arrives:).