Sunday, May 31, 2009

Parenting

Today my heart is full.  I have had so many people who have been concerned about Jacquie and the baby.  I am thankful for the love and concern you all have for them.  Some days your thoughts and prayers are all that get us through.  The emotional roller coaster is at top speed. 

Jacquie is doing well today.  Her spirits are up after the Dr visit this morning.  He said she can  have an occasional wheelchair ride outside her room.  She has not been able to even sit to use the restroom but the cath came out during the night.  She was having such a hard time with it.  

They moved the mag up a couple days ago cause she was contracting so much.  She has to also have an occasional shot of terbutaline which makes her shake and feel so uneasy.  It all is so scary to her and she has anxiety over everything.  It is so hard to watch her go through all this as her mom I just want to make the pain go away and tell her it is all going to be OK but I can't.
It makes me realize how Heavenly Father must feel about us when he  sees our struggles. It is so hard.

They are lowering her mag level today and hopefully she will not contract so much that they have to up it again.  The Dr thinks she will be there till she delivers the baby and he said she will be able to receive the steroids Wed which is when she will be 24 weeks.  If he feels delivery were immanent he would give her them in the next day or so.  She has some of the top specialists in the valley taking care of her and we trust what they are doing for her.  

The Dr said for each day she stays pregnant the baby does twice as much developing and growing as he would if he were born.  Two days of what the Dr can do is equal to one day of staying pregnant.  The longer Kaden stays put the less time he will be in the hospital after he is born.  You have no idea how hard it is to watch your child be in pain and be helpless until you become a parent yourself.  As tough as it is for me to watch Jacquie I am glad it's me watching her rather than her having to watch Kaden.  So as tough as this is he is best to remain in there and for Jacquie to do all she can to keep him right where he is.

I will keep you posted.  Jacquie is allowed visitors and has no restrictions as far as diet goes.  She does tire easily due to the mag but would enjoy hearing from you all.  Thank you all again for everything.


7 comments:

Denice said...

you raised a tough girl - just like her mama. she will do what she needs to do for her child. just like we all do.

Gail said...

I'm so glad she is getting such good care and in such capable hands. I completely understand what you as a mom are going through. There really is nothing harder than watching our kids suffer and be helpless to do anything. But, you are doing more than you know just by staying by her side and keeping her spirits up. I will come bring you both some lunch and visit as soon as possible. Hang in there, it sounds like Kaden is determined and strong. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I went to school with jacuquie and we are keeping her in our prayers. We put her name in the temple on saturday and hope the best for her and the baby.

☂niki. said...

thanks for the update.

so glad to hear a little positive news.

keep the updates coming.

my thoughts and prayers are still with you all.

tell jacquie the crums love her and we are so worried about her and kaden.

god has a plan and whatever happens, was meant for the two of them. she is strong and will be able to take on whatever comes her way.

you're a good mama.

xoxo,
Niki

Tara said...

Your words are making me relive what we just went through with my mom, not that it is the same situation, but oh the emotions!

Sounds like everyone is really pulling together, which I think is often a large part why things like this occur. We love you guys!

Still praying...

Ruth Anne said...

Followed you through Megan. I do work this Fri, Sat, and Sun.

If you have questions anytime, just ask me. I have had 2 mag boluses and have been in OB for a while.

Good luck.

Kristina said...

Julie,

I saw the comment you left on Megan's blog and followed the link here. I am so sorry to hear all that Jacquie is going through. I will keep her and her baby (and all of you) in my prayers. Boy am I a terrible neighbor. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you guys. I am so glad she is at a good hospital and is being well cared for.