Well if you follow my blog you know that Jacquie had been in the hospital for a little over 2 weeks with pre term labor. On Friday morning at about 5:45 I got a phone call that her water had broke. It was the one night neither Rusty or I stayed the night with her. We had been alternating nights cause she would have some panic attacks and wanted someone there with her but she said she was fine to be alone and she had a good day on Thursday. My bed sounded so good but fell asleep in the recliner and missed Rusty's first phone call as the phone was in the crevice of the chair. Any way Bret and I were off to the hospital. They continued to try to stop the labor and the Dr said they would continue to do so till she was at a 4 and than they would let her deliver. I learned this pregnancy that you can actually go weeks if your water breaks early and not deliver. There are precautions they take and you are watched closely but it is done.
Needless to say by noon she was at a 4 and got an epidural which was a good thing cause she could relax and she knew that this time the baby was really coming and tried to prepare herself for it. There was an assistant to her nurse who was talking to Jacquie and I about how she had never been in a birth with a premature birth at 24 weeks but would miss this one cause she was off work soon. She even joked about the possibility of Jacquie having it before they were done charting that she could be there. Well no sooner did she leave the room that Jacquie needed to push. The nurse checked her and sure enough she was ready. Rusty's mom and I were in the room when things got crazy... First at hand was paging Rusty through the hospital to come to the delivery room. There was a big team of 3 Dr's and about 10 nurses there and after a short time he was born.
He was immediately int abated and Jacquie was able to hold him for a couple seconds.





10 comments:
Wow! He is a miracle! Sweet baby!! Please let me and cindy know if you need anything julie for you or jacquie! We love you guys and you all are constantly in our prayers!!
I'm so glad to hear and see that things are going good! I will keep him and all of you in my prayers!
Can I do anything for Jacquie? I don't have her phone number.
JoLynn Ellsworth
(480)703-1296
WOW - No other words will work.
I love miracles! I am totally in tears, he looks so beautiful. We are still praying for Kaden and all of you!
Such a miracle!! You are in our prayer!! I guess Kaden knew what was best.
ConGraTuLatIonS GRanDma!
I am in tears as well. I want to meet little Kaden so badly. And I need to give my little Jacquie a hug for her brave delivery! What a miracle!!!...love, Auntie Michele
Wow. Good luck to all. Kaden and Jacquie are in our prayers...
Oh it would have been so much better if you were there with us! lol your too much like us it would have been so much fun! Me and cindy were in the alley at midnight with our little blacklight looking for scorpions!! hahaha! Me and cindy really want to get together with you though so let us know when your up for it! :)
Ash
So excited to see pic's of your little miracle! He looks great! Keep us posted on any new developments...I can't wait to bring dinner and hear all about it:).
Post a Comment