Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'M BORED

Does any one have kids that are so totally bored besides me????? I hear these 2 words sometimes every 2 minutes makes me want to go postal.  It's like they are telling me so I can tell them I will whisk them off to a fun filled life in the land of everything.  Am I supposed to be the entertainer, mom, maid, cook, cleaner, friend, wife, grandma, ect., ect.  Nothing sounds fun to them.  Swim, no. Wii, no. Rock Band, no.  Movie, no.  Play games, no. Clean, NO. Read, no. Ride bikes, no.  Organize their stuff, no. Go to friends house, no.  I mean must I keep suggesting.  I think they just like being bored.  Or they like driving me crazy saying it ALL DAY LONG.  I feel like I am going to spontaneously combust!!!!!  REALLY.  I got home from working 10 hours and I do not have the energy to find things to make them not be bored.  I mean I spent the whole day waiting on people, being treated sometimes as their servant and not their server and now I need to be the entertainer.  I mean really its 10:30 at night and they still want me to make them not bored.  When do they run out of energy.  

Kaden is still sick and has some good hours and some bad ones.  Think about having a cold and not being able to cough.  They suction gunk out and he does good for a while than it builds up again.  I love to visit him and just watch him.  He is mesmerizing.   I can't wait till my mom comes home in a few days so she can see him.  Well I really miss my mom and am excited for her to meet her new great grandson


Dance dance revolution competition won.  Well 2 friends and a cousin  coming over helped make it funner.
Not bored... for now anyway.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember feeling really bored in the summer when I was a kid, but I must say it was still better than being in school. I really hope that Kaden gets better soon, I think he will because he is the fighter. I am glad your Mom will be here soon to see him. Love you.

Cindy said...

My mom always said "boredom is a choice" and then she would give us a list of chores. We learned realy fast to find entertainment. next time they are bored, send them my way. I have 3 kids that would love to play, be entertained, or tons of things to keep them occupied like mopping floors, washing baseboards, laundry and laundry and laundry and then there is the moldy bathroom that could really use a srcub down, weeds to be pulled, Hey they could give me a pedicure/ manicure or practice styling my hair. I love to play monopoly and am alwasy needing someone to beat. Next time they are bored have them give me a call. I'll be happy to help fill their time. i could alwasy bring the twins over to swim and play. that will surely keep them busy and entertained.Love ya, miss ya, lets get together soon. I need some mental escape time and since we are both lacking mentally you are my bestest friend to mentally escape with. :)

michele sharpy said...

Send your kids up here I will take them to the Oregon Country Fair--I PROMISE you they will not be bored!
And I just want to tell you I think you are a very good mother, you are just feeling like you can't be Superman. You ARE A GREAT WOMAN, AND a GREAT MOTHER> Tell them girls of yours to get a job and see how bored they would be!!!
haha, love, Michele

Denice said...

yes, yes, yes....... they want you to be all that. But they really need to entertain themselves. sounds like you have made all the good suggestions. so i guess u will just have to let them be bored.

Tara said...

Hahhah! I so remember doing this to my mom. Poor moms the torture they go through! So great your mom is coming!

Gail said...

Boy do I feel your pain sistah! I hear the same thing at least 10 times a day. Maybe we should switch kids:). I guess it's just part of Summer in AZ, I'm glad your mom's coming home soon, maybe she can help distract them.