Today was a mix of emotions. My mom (great g-ma) came home from one of her summer trips and got to meet Kaden. She was amazed at how small he is. She thinks he looked bigger in the pictures. Jacquie was able to hold her baby. After one month and 3 days they could finally feel the love they have for each other skin to skin. Kaden is now on the regular vent. and his lungs seem to be improving. However they were able to get a better look at his heart. It seems that the area in his heart that they thought had closed really hadn't and he will need to have surgery either tomorrow or Friday. They say it's a quick procedure and they actually do it at his bedside. They close down the whole pod to visitors for about 45 min but the actual procedure takes about 15 min. He will be sedated but the result will help him and his lungs improve. Simple procedure, simple fix, results will be great but still sooo scary for us all.
See mom I am off the Jet and on a conventional vent. Maybe you can hold me now......
Well today Jacquie actually got to hold Kaden. They want him held skin to skin and she was able to hold him for almost an hour today. Rusty was there and I am sure they will post pictures on her blog soon. Kaden did really well and he was able to finally to feel his mom's heartbeat.
I feel like E T
My mom tried to show you how tiny I am by putting g-ma's ring on my leg but
when I am on my tummy I am way too comfy to let her move me around.
My mommy lovin me
4th of July fun in the pool.
Visiting with family
My yummy cupcakes made in ice cream cones. No mess desert for
the kids to eat. MMMMM MMMMM GOOD
New desert I made for the adults. It was good but not real sweet.
My goofy girls





5 comments:
So glad to hear things are improving - surgery is scarry!! thinking of you guys and keeping up the prayers.
Love,
Karen
I love pictures and updates. I am so glad that your Mom could be there to finally meet Kaders. Does she have many great grandchildren? I am so happy for Jac and that she could finally hold her precious babes. Looks like a fun 4th of July. Love you.
I did not know they do that surgery right there. That is amazing these things the doctors do. Well you guys will surely be blessed for all of this. I love the 4th, looks like you guys had a good one!
He is SO small! I can't believe all they can do with babies so little, I will keep hoping for his continued strength so he can have the surgery soon. I'm glad you took the time to have some fun on the fourth, your goodies looked awesome!
so much going on. looks like you had a good 4th. hope your girls werent bored on that daY:)
Post a Comment