Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Smiles

     Well I have been gathering things to get ready for girls camp.  I will be a cabin mom for the 13 year old girls from church one of which is Rachel.  I am so excited to be able to spend a week with her and up in the cool  weather.   We don't leave till Monday but I have a busy week so I am getting things done early.  Ya I am no longer, "the last minute hurry up let's get stuff thrown together", person.  I want to have my stuff packed and most of all Rachel's stuff packed (she is the procrastinator) by Saturday.  I will be driving my own car up there with all stuff for the camp director.  I am happy to not have to ride on the bus.  It makes me kinda car sick.
     I went to see Kaden today after work and he was having one of those off days.  Jacquie was having a tough time with it cause he has been so good.  He had been breathing on his own.  Still on the vent. but only using it for volume and he was doing so good.  But with the 2 steps forward we go back one.  His stats were not staying steady but after repositioning him again he seemed to do better.  He likes things his way and gets mad if they lay him in a way he does not like.  He is not shy about it.  Unfortunately they have to keep him in different positions so his head does not get flat, or as the nurses say, to prevent being a  Toaster Head.  The eye Dr came in on Friday and so far so good.  His eyes look a bit mature for his age and he will be back to see him again in 2 weeks.  He is being fed breast milk on a continues feed and is almost up to full feeds.  He is also  working on keeping his own body temperature by being swaddled and not having the bed warmer on.  So far so good on that too.  He has been putting on weight and is a whopping 2 pounds 4 ounces.   With all he has done since my last update I would say these are reason's to SMILE.

4 comments:

Denice said...

sounds like an amazing baby to me. you will miss him while you are gone. have fun at girls camp. remember to keep smiling :)hehehe haha hohoho!!!!!

Michelle said...

Yay, glad to hear the good news. If he is at full feedings he should continue to gain weight at a pretty good rate. Have fun at girls camp I loved it!

Alyson said...

I'm totally going to girls camp on Mon. and I live in mesa. I will totally see you!!! Awesome! My name is Alyson, if a random girl named alyson come up and says hi! its probably me!

Gail said...

I'm so happy hearing good progress. What a little trooper he is and it's so fun hearing how his little personality is coming through in spite of all the things he has to overcome. Great news and good reason to smile:).