Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall in love with Fall

I love this time of year. I love the air in the morning and evening with a bit of a chill, and the warmth of the afternoon sun. I really miss fall back in the Midwest where the leaves would change color and the landscape was a beautiful variety of colors. I miss raking the leaves into a big pile and jumping in them and wish my kids would of had that as a childhood memory. Fall is the beginning of winter and most people dread the cold and just want the sun. Well it's the time of the year to layer clothes and wear jeans and sweaters. Fires in the fireplace (OK I don't have one but would totally have one going as often as I could) being able to keep warm under the covers just to stick your foot out into the cold to make my body temp. even. (You must know me to understand that one.) :) Time to plant the winter lawn and the winter flowers. My bulbs are coming up and new flowers will follow. Time of the year when decorating changes the look of your house just for a while and it's fun. A time to sleep in with no sun peaking in too early and when night time comes at dinnertime. Time to put on your winter weight and no one can see it under the layers of clothes. Boots and Tights, Denim and Leather, Long sleeves and Hats. I love the fall and want you to fall for it toooooo.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I hate being cold no matter how pretty the dead trees look without the leaves! Really!

Denice said...

i love fall and i have already put on my winter weight this summer so we can party together. pumpkin chocolate chips cookies are making sure it stays too.