Monday, November 16, 2009


Becka wanted to know why I didn't post our costume pictures
so here they are....
She was a ballerina



And I was a fairy grandmother
I actually went to a party and have not dressed up in years
I think I like my hair dark...

Kaden was chilling on the couch and he looks like such a big boy here

Here is his first bath that g ma gave him

We had a spend the night last night
and had lots of fun



Let me tell you a few things about this sweet boy. He is growing slowly and still struggling with his lungs. He has to work hard to breathe and they feel it might be causing some stress on his heart. He will be seeing a cardiologist this week. They had to increase his oxygen to try to help his lungs. He is on some new meds, and still on his feeding tube. He is not wanting to eat much from a bottle and he pulled his tube out last night. I could not get it back in so Rusty came and put it back in. During the night The feeding pump was not working and I had to use a small syringe and had to put his formula in the tube one milliliter at a time. It took 4o minutes to do but he got fed. Than this morning when Becka went to pick him up from my arms the feeding tube got pulled out again. I actually got it back in by myself while Becka held his arms and head still. The Dr. is increasing his feeds so hopefully he can go 4 hours at night in between feeds and Jacquie can sleep for 2 1/2 hour stretches soon. I love to have him over and let Jacquie and Rusty get some rest. I like to spend time alone with him during the night without everyone else fighting to hod him. He is such a sweet boy and I can't get over how much I ADORE him. He is such a blessing to me.


4 comments:

jen said...

From the looks of things, you also like to post in the middle of the night (same ole Julie! :) ). I was happy, because I was up reading blogs at 3:30 am, and I had a brand new entry from you when I got on the computer.
Sorry Kaden's feeding is not going better. Hopefully everything is okay with his heart, etc., at the next visit.
Keep up the late-night entries!

Tara said...

Those were some cute Halloween costumes!

My eyes watered as I read the details about Kaden. I will keep praying he will be out of the woods. You guys are so amazing.

Gail said...

He is so adorable! Especially now that he is getting those chubby cheeks:). It looks like food is getting in there somehow. I'm so glad you have him as part of your life. Grandbabies bring such peace and love to your life. (Well not ALWAYS peace:). I know he will continue to grow and progress...don't forget, the Lord is in charge.

PS. I really like your fairy godmother costume..can I borrow it next year? :)

Denice said...

i love your costume!