Monday, November 23, 2009

Update

Yesterday Kaden was not being able to keep his numbers where the Dr wanted them even on the nitric and 10 litres of oxygen. They decided the only thing to do would be to put him on a ventilator. We have been down this road before but were not prepared for the next comment out of the Dr's mouth...His heart may not be able to handle this and may fail. They did another ecco to check the pressures in his heart before they put in the vent and the pressure had come down since the ecco they did on Thursday. They were not able to put in the pic line the other day because Kaden became to aggitated and he kept dropping his levels (desating). Yesterday they gave him a drug to paralize him and to nock him out to ventilate him and while they had him out they put in a central line. This will help with meds and blood drawls and it can moniter the pressures in his heart better.
Today he is still sedated but the backed off the paralitic and to see him move a bit and open his eyes was reassuring to me. They are checking him for any infections and so far nothing has come back positive however they started him on a course of antibiotics anyway. He is very pale and cold so we got a little red and white beanie to put on his head to help him maintain his body temp. He looks like he is ready for Christmas. Looking at him just lay there and have more machines hoked up to him than ever before is so hard. Jacquie and Rusty are holding up as well as expected. Me I fall apart all the time but it's just been a tough few days for me. Thank you all for the love and support. We can feel it and I will never be able to tell you all how much we appreciate it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I will call the Rexburg temple tomorrow and have his name put on the prayer roll, I tried calling today but forgot that it was closed. I was thinking you could ask that your ward fast for him if they have not already. I would fast if I could. I am so so so sorry that you guys are going through this again. Like always I will keep him in my prayers. I will be there soon if there is anything I can do to help out your family please let me know.

autumn said...

let jacquie know i'm praying for him. i'll follow michelle's lead and call the portland temple tomorrow to have his name added.

Cindy said...

I am so sorry. Everything there is to say just seems so trite. You are all in our prayers.

jen said...

Julie. I'm so sorry. I really thought that the worst was behind him. All our family is praying for you guys. Keep us updated.