Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I do it. At times the pain of loosing Kaden just comes out of no where. I can be walking, driving, or just chilaxing and all the sudden WWWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAMMMM! Right in the gut like a knife. And the pain is excruciating and tears won't stop. A week ago Sunday (yes I do have to work on some) I was driving to work and it hit me. Sobbing as I drove and wanting to reach out to someone. Bret was still at church with the kids and I did not want to get Jacquie upset so I just drove and cried and did not call anyone. Sometimes I just want someone who understands and has been through it. I have many great friends that I could call but none of you lost your first grand baby. None of you watched your daughters world collapse. I hope none of you will ever have to go through this and feel this pain. Today I went to Jacquies blog and I was able to see things differently and understand a bit more. Go here

I randomly want to share with you some memories of Kaden

I will always remember the feeling I had as I looked Kaden in the eye. His eyes told his story and on more than one occasion I could see my dad in his eyes. I know that may sound weird but they were my dad's eyes and I could feel my dad's love for me through Kaden's eyes. Than there were times they were the eyes of my Savior, looking at me with much love. I could feel the love He had for me as I looked into Kaden's eyes. Those eyes were amazing and they made me feel loved.

6 comments:

jen said...

Any time. Any day. You know where I am. I don't understand, but I'd be happy to listen.

Cindy said...

Been friends too long. No words necessary. No words adequate. You're loved and prayed for.

michele sharpy said...

You can call me anytime day or night and you can just cry if you want to. I cant know how you feel but I do CARE how you feel and I am always here for you sister!

Denice said...

you are lucky to be his grandma. (((hugs)))

Heather said...

I know or grief is diffrent,Kaden was not my son or my grandson, but I understand. There are days, expecially at work, when it just hits me and the pain is so great I feel like it will just eat me whole. I will forever be greatfull for the 4 months I got to spend caring for Kaden and meeting all of you guys. I love you all and call me anytime. Miss you.
Heather

Gail said...

You need to remember, you are NEVER alone and he will never be forgotten. I have only lost my dad and so I have some idea of the grieving process. I know it's normal to have it hit you when you least expect it but no one will completely "get" the loss you have experienced, but you. I hope you know you can cry on my shoulder anytime and that it's ok to just cry when you need it. Maybe there is a support group of grandparents who have gone through something similar. You should call the hospital:).
I want you to know that I know you will see him and hold him again and that the Lord still loves you and so do I:).