6 years ago
Friday, April 9, 2010
My Mind Wanders
As I sit here relaxing and enjoying some peace and quiet my mind tends to wander in many different directions. I think of my little Kaden and how I long to hold him. To see his smile and take his hand and let his little fingers wrap around my finger. I can not help but miss him so much. When I see Jacquie and Rusty and the pain in their eyes as they miss their son I ache. I also think of the anniversary of my dad's passing on the 15th and how much I miss him. He was my rock, the man I went to for advice. Even as he faced going into hospice he was concerned for my needs. He was a man of honor and he loved to tease, not just his kids but everyone... I miss him on a daily basis and it hurts to see how alone my mom is without him. I also have a friend at work who has 3 small children who had a brain tumor removed at stage 4 cancer and will be starting treatment for it on Monday. I feel for his family and the fear he must have for the future. I know of so many people who have faced great loss of parents and children, grandparents and friends. Life is so short when you really look at it. I want to be better, to give more. I want to see my Buddy again. Life is so full of trials and sometimes to be blunt they suck..... However we will get through all of them with the help of those that love us and the Lord. As I think of my loss I have to remember of the many things I am blessed with and my family and friends that love and support me. Reflecting on those I love and miss is painful and good all at the same time. Love the ones you hold dear and reach out to those that have lost ones they held dear. Loss is tough no matter how much time has gone by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment