The evening got chilly and the kids got in their Halloween costumes and trick or treated from cabin to cabin. We sat by the camp fire visiting and listening to the guitar and some people singing. If you know my voice you know why I was not singing along. As bed time came it got cold and of course I had to get up to pee 3 times in the night. Nothing like bundling up to walk in the dark to the restroom.
We had a great breakfast and played some games in the morning before returning to the heat and work Saturday night.
Sunday brought church and a relaxing afternoon. It was Halloween. Just one year ago I had Kaden at the house most of the day. Jacquie hung out and had a party with Rusty for his work to go to so Grandma got to play. I was in heaven. He was such a good baby and it was a privilege to have him. I have always loved this time of year but now it holds a special place in my heart. A time in my life I will cherish forever. A time I hope to never forget. I want to remember it all. Every Halloween I will remember the special Halloween I had with Kaden. These next few weeks will help me remember last fall, help me to remember my time with Kaden, bring to my mind happiness and sadness. I would never change a thing from the day Kaden was born. I spent every minute I could with him even if it was just looking through his isolate to watch him sleep. I visited him almost every day for 4 months. Than he came home and I got to help care for him. His schedule was hard but never did Jacquie or Rusty complain. We served him with all we had and it was an honor. A very special blessing that I will always cherish.
Fall is my favorite time of year and the most special time of the year for me.





No comments:
Post a Comment