Well this week has given me so many more things to be thankful for and here they are in no particular order...
Leaders who serve with me and all they do to help me in our calling to serve the young women.
Having Evening in Excellence go well and having it over.
(this is an evening where 12 - 18 year old girls display projects they have worked on for 10 hours, completed, and on display for their parents and others to see)
( the having it over part---I was in charge and it's scary)
My friend calling to say she is cancer free!!! I really hate cancer and what I have seen it do to people I love.
Setting an unrealistic goal and actually achieving it. I did it!
Learning how to train people at work so I can be in charge of some training. Olive Garden puts in a lot of time and money into training for success.
I am thankful for friends who just live around the corner for their sweet notes. We seriously do need to get out and play.
Thankful that Bret could go help a friend do some plumbing work at their cabin.
(it meant that I got the bed to myself---SWEET)
Spending a money I didn't have on a little treat for myself, feeling guilty for it, than having someone pay me back money that I lent them and had forgotten about.
Mostly today I am thankful for this man,

MY DAD---- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I miss you so much
I am so thankful I had a dad that loved me the most. My parents have 11 children and I am the perfect 10. We all argued that we were the favorite. My parents had the ability to make us all feel as if we were the favorite. We all felt loved and turned out awesome. My dad used to take me along on some of his little side jobs as his little helper. I remember being his helper at our little cottage and we were hanging paneling (yes this dates me) but I was holding the piece in place and it was heavy for me to hold. My dad marked it and cut it to fit and after cutting we noticed I must have let it slip a bit cause it had a gap at the ceiling that was not supposed to be there. Instead of getting mad at me for not holding it right he hung it anyway. It was noticeably crooked but my dad did not want to hurt my feelings for not holding it right and he hung it anyway! He teased everyone all the time. He loved everyone he teased. He was sick a lot the last few years of his life and was in and out of the hospital quite a bit. All he ever worried about was my mom. He wanted to make sure she was and would always be taken care of. Just before he went into Hospice I had been taking time off work to drive my mom back and forth and my dad was worried about me being able to pay my bills. He always wanted to help us to be ok. So today when I would be celebrating your birthday dad I want you to know you are loved and so greatly missed, by me, and everyone who knew you. I love you and am thankful and blessed to of known you and called you my dad.





3 comments:
I think you already know how I feel about your dad. He set an example for me that I will never forget and hopefully be able to honorably emulate. How lucky you, your siblings and your mother were/are to have a man like him in your lives. Many never have and never will have that kind of love, tenderness, leadership and protectiveness in their life. He is missed by many and remembered by many. I suggest that all those maggots and red headed step children lift their glasses in a birthday toast - 3 cheers!
You reached an unrealistic goal? THAT right there is cause for congratulations! Glad the evening of excellence went well.
I was really the favorite. Really. Not supposed to tell you.....
Post a Comment