Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm Back

Wow, I have been without my trusty computer for far too long. I had Christmas to pay for and had to save up the money to get it fixed. But I finally did it. SWEET. So many things have come and gone since my last post.

Christmas came and went. It was nice spending time with family and eating lots of great food.

New Years eve Bret and I had to go to a wedding for the daughter of a friend. It was AMAZING. For those of you that know I was in the wedding business for 8 years and this one topped them all. Great food, good wine for those that partake, and decorations that were spectacular. We finished the evening at home with family over to play games. We host a family party every year and this year Jacquie and Rusty hosted it till we got home.

Than on 01/21/2011, Karter Addington Fife joined our family. He arrived c-section and at a whopping 8 lbs, 11 ozs. Healthy and so happy. Jacquie was so anxious to get him home she left the hospital 48 hours after her c-section. It was so nice to see her leave with her baby and go HOME.

To be honest the only thing that has transpired since Karter's birth is my desire to be with him. I am obsessed. I can not get enough of him. I miss Kaden and think so often of where he would be in all this and how much he would love his role as the big brother. He would be running around and so much fun. Now he cheers on from heaven. Karter has a bilateral cleft lip and his palette is fine. He will have surgery in June to correct it. He nurses great and has some difficulty keeping in a pacifier but is generally content with out it. I will post a plethora of pictures once i up load them.

Life is good and I am happy. I am BACK.........


4 comments:

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

You have been Missed! Glad you're back. And congratulations on becoming a grandma AGAIN!

jen said...

And I've missed you. Thanks for sharing that grandson of yours with me at Institute.

Rusty and Jacquie said...

and I am so happy you're back!! :)

michele sharpy said...

Tell that grandbaby to prepare to meet his favorite gret auntie!