Monday, February 6, 2012

SWEET 16

Well she did it, she had her birthday and is now officially old enough to date, drive, (well she has her permit) and is now a Laurel (the group of girls in church ages 16-18). I can hardly believe how grown up she is becoming.  I surprised her with a lunch with some of her close friends at my house.  She had no idea and started to cry.  I love that reaction, to me it means I did good.  She will have her first date this weekend to Saddies.  Super fun for her.
Rachel is almost 6 years younger than Craig.  We had some infertility issues and were not sure we would have anymore kids till she came along.  As a baby I think I enjoyed her the most.  I was older and had 3 older kids who helped me so much.  Michael was 11 and almost old enough to babysit.  Life was good.  She has blessed our family in so many ways.  She is fun and silly and sings and is happy.  She has a great sense of humor and loves everyone she meets.  We love her.....she is sweet and 16.









                                                                 Happy Birthday Rachel

1 comment:

michele sharpy said...

She is cerrtainly beautiful, it must be in the gene pool! I am sorry I dont get to see you all more often.