Saturday, March 31, 2018

"If you're teaching without the Spirit, you're teaching just to hear yourself talk

Good Morning Everyone! This is Hermana Addington coming live from Provo. I want to just let everyone know right here and now that my ability to respond today is limited but I will try to respond the best I can :))) I can't express enough how much I love everyone of you! Okay so my brain is all scattered right now, but it's been a week. That much I know haha.

OKAYYYY so I'm racking my brain on what to talk about. I think of ten million different things throughout the week and then Saturday comes and my mind is POOF gone. We did get a new person to teach!!! Here at the MTC (missionary training center), we do a TONNN of role plays. Our first teaching assignment (the one we started our third day here) ended up being our teacher so that's cool. At least they know how much our Spanish is a struggle before they even teach us haha. But this week, we got a real teaching assignment!! We get to be with her twenty minutes three times a week and we LOVE HER!! Her name is Guisela and she's only lived in America for a year, and El Salvador for the rest of her life...Do we know what's going on half the time?? No. But I've said it once, and I'll say it again; the language of the Spirit is universal. And so is God's love let me tell yaaaa...I walk out of every lesson and feel so overwhelmed (part of that is because my Spanish is basura (trash))) but also because I feel a strong love for this woman who I don't even know very well. It's been so weird to instantly love people here. TRUST MEEE it's hard...especially having companions with you all day every day...but when I taught Guisela that families can be forever I felt so much love. That because Christ was resurrected, we too can be. That he lived, and now lives. That this Easter message is real. When I shared to her that I could see our sweet baby Kaden again, her eyes filled with tears. She understood the message of the SPirit, even if she didn't understand my SPanish. Wow I sure do love her.

OKAY WHAT ELSE...hmmm...well we had GENERAL CONFERENCE TODAY!!! that's why I am so limited in my time today. But wow. Okay I think that's the first time I watched conference all the way through without any distractions, and let me tell  you people that I believe God has called a prophet once again. I know this because I have found it for myself. If you want to know, test it by reading their words. John 7;17​​

AND DAD HAPPY BDAY TOMORROW!!!! AND KEATON AND BBY EVA TOO! wish I could celebrate with you all. In case you were all wondering, it's constantly an exhausting spiritually and physically experience here. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have to be away from my family for a short period of time, so that I can teach people about their eternal families and their identities as God's children. Crazy amazing. I'm going to try to send a less boring email next week, but no promises. If you want to unsubcribe just let me know haha love hearing from all of you! It's tough, but what a blessing it is! Keep hitting me up with the emails and dear elders. It brightens my day. 

PS: I'm trying to figure out how to work the picture situation sorry if you can't see them! I'm technology impaired hehe
PSS: IT"S FINALLY STARTING TO WARM UP HERE!!! TENDER MERCIES also HAPPY EASTER!!! God lives :))
Prayers always, Hermana Addington

​​​​​​​​​​

No comments: