6 years ago
Friday, December 26, 2008
Well it's the day after and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. Well not me at least. I finished wrapping gifts at 3:30 on Christmas morning and rather than go to sleep for a couple hours and get woken up just to be tired all day we woke the kids up. They were a bit confused and tired but once awake for a few minutes they were excited. We had fun opening presents went to bed and got 6 hours of sleep before Michele, Bubba and Mom came knocking. The madness continued at my house all day and it was great. I love having family over for dinner and playing games. We were sad to have them leave but the quiet was nice. We watched movie (which I slept through) and had a quiet evening. As I reflected on my day there was a real emptiness without dad. Imagine a large family gathering and looking around the room only to not see your dad. Dad's play such an important role in families and they are so dearly missed. Next time you all are with family just try to remember no matter how crazy and hectic things can get there is nothing worse than not having one of those people there the next time you get together. Last Christmas I never thought would be my last with dad. Do not take for granted any of the people you love...... you never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I didn't even know you had a blog!!
I love that family picture! Gorgeous.
Holidays are always the hardest without loved ones. We always find a way to manage though, don't we? Glad to hear you had a good Christmas.
Thank you for your sweet comment.
I'm excited to check back in with you.
I love when people leave me comments...even though it is not that often but I wanted to give you one! I love you mom....call me anytime you need me. We should plan a lunch date!!
Post a Comment