Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Well today is the day of LOVE......... I awoke to my Sonic drink sitting by the side of my bed.  What a great way to wake up and start my day!!!! the one thing I do not like about Valentines Day is that to go eat anywhere is crazy the waits are long reservations are hard to get unless you plan ahead.  Being in the restaurant business I HAVE to work tonight and it will be sooo busy tonight and I can not wait.  
Today also marks the two year anniversary of my dad's valve replacement, triple bypass and the start of his final decline. I think back to the day my dad got his new heart (well fixed one) and how difficult it was for us all to go through. It gave us 14 more months to spend with our dad.  Those times were hard for us taking dad to and from the Dr and to and from the Hospitals over and over again.  But we had 14 more months with him.  I think back and am grateful for every minute of those 14 months. I still can't believe he is gone.  My dad gone.  Not a day goes by when I do not think of him, miss him, and wish he were here.  I see my mom and how sad and lonely she is without him.  59 years of love and devotion to each other.  They were such an example to all of us. We were taught to love unconditionally and most of all forgive others.  I have learned these lessons and sometimes it has not been easy but I learned from two of the best people in the world.  Do I wish I could go back and change things I have said or done to hurt others, you bet.  But I try to make it better by forgiving those who hurt me.  I have really tried to live my life to love others. I am so thankful for this day of love and for it not to only be about lovers but those we love.  I love you my friends, Happy Valentines Day!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love you to Julie!

Karen

Denice said...

happy valentines day to you. i hope our marriages are as long and as great as your parents!