Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All in A Day

The Lord made a promise that we would not get more than we could handle but I sometimes feel like I am pushed to my limits.  Got a call on Tuesday to pick up Becka with Pink eye and on the way there my brother Dave called.  He went through cancer a few years ago where they removed half his pallet and had to do some reconstruction work on his face. Well he found out that he has cancer AGAIN.  This time on the other side and the bottom.  They say it's a different type that is not so aggressive and they found it early.  He sees the oncologist on Thursday.  He seems to be in good spirits but that's how he deals with it all.  Today is the anniversary of my fathers passing and Frank and Jeanne are here to help support mom.  We have a mass being said for him at 830 than we will go to his grave. It's hard to believe a year is all that has gone by.  We all miss him and my mom longs for his tender words and touch.  59 years together formed a solid relationship that death cant take away.  We love and miss you dad so much.  No one will ever come close to you.  You were truly the best.  Last week we took Jacquie to the paranatologist and spent 3 1/2 hours there.  She was very knowledgeable.  Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for the subchorionic hemorrhage.  That we knew.  Rest will hopefully heal it over time.  She found some other problems that he will face once he is born.   They will be monitoring him and doing some extensive testing on him, mom, and dad. He will be the most watched over and loved baby when he gets here.  His name will be Kaden which means "fighter" and boy is he fighting.  Keep us in your thoughts to help us through our trials.




8 comments:

jen said...

What other complications? What's the prognosis?

Tara said...

Wow! Seriously? I'm sorry for all that you and your family is going through. I can't believe your parents were together 59 years. That is amazing. I always love the comments you leave me you are too funny. If you are team Wright, I am team Kaden!!! Love the name and meaning.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I will be thinking and praying for your family-- don't give up sometimes these trials are good I have learned and have grown from mine, and sometimes they are for others that need them more, have faith and be strong especially for your kids and family!!

Michelle said...

You have done such an amazing job coping with the loss of your Dad. You amaze me. You have also handled everything that you and your family are going through so well. Things really don't always turn out the way we expect but you are right we are capable of handling anything that comes our way.
PS-That was so sweet what Jac did for you! I loved it. Happy late Birthday again!

Cara Fish said...

holy moly...crazy, jules...glad you made it through...what a day!

Skousen Family! said...

WOW what more can you guys go through??? You are A LOT stronger then you give yourself credit for...
TEAM KADEN!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

WOW! You did have a day didn't you! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear! This is your wonderful long lost friend Rachel. I don't have a blog but came across yours while looking at my sisters and going to a link through hers. But I just want to tell you what an amazing person you are and what an incredible family you have. I am so grateful that I met you all months ago and for the love that you have shown towards me. And yes things definitely don't go the way we wish they would most the time but I have learned that while it may be hard to be to be grateful for our trials we can be grateful for what our trials teach us if we are seeking to be taught. I love you all so much and will be praying for you and your family. Your amazing and never forget it.