Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dave

Well the flap they made for Dave's mouth to cover his bone in his jaw was basically failing.  They took him back into surgery for a few more hours today and tried to repair some of their previous work.  The vein that the new blood supply goes through in the "flap" was not allowing the blood to properly flow and they tried to repair it.  They did the best they could but I believe they left the area open so they could monitor the healing process more.  Still pretty much up in the air on all of it as the Dr.'s themselves do not have a lot of answers.  Looks like a long winding road.

Jacquie and I had some fun taking some pictures of Kaden's new clothes so you'll have to check out them on her blog.  Laughing till we cried was some much needed medicine.

Had my MRI today.  Took some meds to be able to relax and as they slid me into the machine I had a full blown panic attack..  Major embarrassing.  I took more meds and worked on slow breathing techniques and after covering my eyes so I could not see where I was I was fine.  Glad that is finally over with. Results will follow as I get them.  

My sister Margie had her shoulder operated on today and they removed bone spurs, and her rotater cuff and tendon repair.  I guess with 10 siblings there are bound to be many illnesses.  We do things big in our family.  

Linda another sister of mine had some cancer removed by her eye and may have to have some radiation for it.  We all could use a break  Crazy times... 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am glad you had a great time on your cruise, being with family is the greatest. I can't believe all the crazy health problems that your family has been having, it does not seem fair. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I am so glad Jac and Kaden are doing better. What did you get your MRI for? I don't think that you told me about that, maybe I missed it on a previous post? Love you.

Tara said...

Goodness gracious! It's so frustrating when Doctors don't have the answers, I bet it frustrates them even more. I didn't know you were needing an MRI, too. I hope all is ok with that. Hang in there!!!