Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Back

     Well the trip was great and I will post many pics and details about it later.  I am so glad I was able to spend some time with Becka and my siblings that went.  We laughed till we cried and cried till we laughed.  It was so fun.  We paid tribute to the love my parents had for each other with sparkling cider for me and the kids and sparkling wine (my mom's favorite) for the others. We ate some chocolates that my dad would have loved and talked about happy memories.  Mom took a picture of her and dad with us to dinner and she showed him off to some of our new friends.  We actually sailed by the area where some of his ashes were put in the ocean last summer. 
 
     David has surgery today.  It took about 9 hours and he is in ICU now.  They removed his lower gum along with 5 of his teeth.  They scraped the bone down some and did not have to remove a large amount. He did not have to have bone removed from his leg to form his jaw.  They did take tissue from his arm to create new gums and than took tissue from his leg to put back into his arm.  They will not replace any teeth for a year which was not part of the original plan.  I am not sure why  but now he will now be able to have solid food for a year.  He also has a tracheotomy until the swelling goes down.  Now the waiting game begins.  My brother Paul is there this week to help out and Michele goes next week. We will wait and see how much help he will need.  

     Jacquie went to the specialist while I was gone and Kaden seems to be growing still at the rate he should.  Yeah!!!  He also has Jacquie's nose in the profile shot of him.  It is so weird to see the 3, 4 d pictures of him and see every finger and toe.  We see the regular OB tomorrow for a follow up to the specialist appointment.  Jacquie will meet with the pediatric maxi facial surgeon on the 20th of this month and hopefully get some answers and time frame for his surgeries and about feeding him and stuff like that.  Things are looking good as far as the bleed goes too.  The Dr said it is getting smaller so we will see what the OB says about Jacquie's activity.  She wants to be  out of bed soooo bad.  So we are crossing our fingers till  we see the Dr says tomorrow.  I am sure shopping will be on her list of things to do.  Maternity clothes shopping on line is fun for only so long.  






3 comments:

Megan said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I love the Family picture - you guys are such a cute family! We miss you guys and hope all is well. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and baby Kaden.

Karen said...

Welcome home - I hope you did not freeze.

Tara said...

Sounds like the perfect trip. You deserve it! No solid foods for a year???? How will he do it? My heart goes out....take care you guys!

Oh and p.s. so happy about Kaden!