Jacquie is doing well as can be expected. Rusty has been off work and he has the ability to keep her spirits up. He tends to keep us all laughing as well and he is such a great part of our family. They actually went to a movie this evening since it has been almost 4 months since Jacquie has been off her feet. I sat with Kaden at the hospital while they were gone. I guess that makes me the first babysitter.
Watching him is so mesmerizing. He is so beautiful. So tiny. I just want to reach in there and touch him and it's so hard not to. I don't know how Jacquie goes without holding him. They say she probably can within the week. His skin is still not developed all the way and touch does not feel good to him so Jacquie and Rusty's touch is limited. They can put their hand on his head and his feet and that is how he feels comfort. His eyes are not open yet. I never thought about it before but they are not developed enough. It reminds me of puppies, they will slowly open. It will be interesting to see them and what color they will be. It's kinda weird to see things develop that usually develop before birth.





7 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, Heidi had that PDA ligation surgery when she was a few days old, and, as scary as it is for parents, those pediatric surgeons are the BEST. Truly. As are the NICU nurses, as you're finding out firsthand. She has the scar on her back to prove it!
Ever need a shoulder, give me a call.
Praying for you all.
Were we ever foolish enough to think that once they were adults we wouldn't worry about them as much? Love ya, your family, your girl, and your grandbaby. GRANDBABY! Admit it you are a grandma. Be honored by the name.
just catching up on your blog. i am so glad you have this blog and so glad you are taking the time to write it all down. do you know there are sites you can upload to and print and bind the blog? so cool. i am so glad your new little grandbaby is doing so well. the power of prayer.
wow! what a special little guy....i loved your comparison of kaden to a little puppy....so true! What a neat honor to spend time with him and watch him grow and develop. I hope all continues to go well and please keep us updated!
Your notes made me cry because I cannot be there to meet Kaden yet. When I helped deliver Jacquie (!)it was enough of a miracle, I sure wish I was there now....boo hoo
what a sweet little guy. Your family is in our prayers and will continue to be so.
what a lot you guys are going through. it is a struggle, but the prayers of many are with you and that little baby. keep us updated on kaden's condition.
Post a Comment