Friday, June 19, 2009

Never a dull moment


Today was the eye surgeon appointment with Becka and everything looks great!!!!  We get to go another year before SHE has to go see her Dr again.  I found out from him that he sees all the preemies at the hospital Kaden is at.  He will be visiting Kaden when he is about 7 weeks old because little guy's like him tend to have eye problems.  

While I was at the Dr with Becka Jacquie called me just sobbing.  She was in so much pain and did not know what to do.  She tried to get into 3 different Dr's and no one could see her for one reason or another and being an emotional new mother she was upset.  She ended up in the ER at the same hospital Kaden is at and after Becka's appointment we went over to be with her. I was with her for 2 and a half hours when it was time for Kaden's cares. (cares are when they reposition him, change his diaper, and do any other hands on things like blood work ect. they also feed him than but as a preemie he does not always get food cause his tummy can not always tolerate it)  This is also the time Jacquie and Rusty get to help and have minimal hands on time.  Well since Jacquie was stuck in the ER I volunteered to be with him.  When I got up to his bed side his nurse told me he was going to get more blood and that she would have to start an IV for his transfusion.  So guess what.....................she needed an extra set of hands.  I was able to hold Kaden's tiny little body at his head and feet.  Normally his bed is enclosed when I am there and Jacquie and Rusty touch him through the sides that they open up and when I take pictures it is always through the glass. But not today.  To be honest it was a bit scary because I was to hold his little hand up against his head (they want him to touch himself to teach him to comfort himself) and he would move around and I did not want to apply too much pressure but I had to help keep him still.  I could see him cry, no sound on the vent., and his little chin would quiver.  So sad.  I can't wait to be able to hold him.  I stayed till cares were over cause I had to go change for work and about that time Jacquie called me.  She was just finishing at the ER finding out she has a U T I probably one that never got rid of from the cath.  Boy that poor girl has been through the ringer.  She is tough though..

On the way home from the hospital Becka informed me that today was the most boring day EVER.  I mean all we did was sit around and she was soooo bored.  I mean she did not even get to see Kaden.  I am not able to take visitors in there.  I can go 24/7 but mom and dad can only take in guests.  So Becka could not see her nephew,  how boring.  This is going to be a LONG summer for us all.  HELP!!!!!

Kaden gets stressed by all the sounds around him so he gets tiny ear plugs.
They even started offering him a pacifier today.  It is so small.  He is at 1 pound 12 ounces but he looks like a normal size baby when you have nothing next to him to compare. 
During cares he would peek to see who was there and see ME!
After cares he was worn out.  Look at his dark hair.  His back is not as hairy as it looks
in this picture.  No waxing needed it will fall out soon.

8 comments:

Brad said...

Man, wouldn't it be nice if Bret's back wasn't hairy? Just a thought.

michele sharpy said...

hey where are my comments

Denice said...

kinda fun you got to help take care of him. not fun to see him cry :(

Margie said...

You are so blessed!

Michelle said...

Sorry I have not commented for awhile. I am glad that you keep us updated so well. It seems like Kaden gets better and better everyday. That is so cool that you got to hold him. Poor Jac I hope she is feeling better. Love you.

Megan and Trevor Whiting said...

Isn't it amazing how much hair he has on his body. It is a premmie thing, they usually get rid of it in the last 3 weeks in utero. Poor Jacquie I hope that they are able to put her on antibiotics and gets rid of it very soon. Send my love to Jacquie please.

Gail said...

I don't know how you do it all. I'm sure you feel overwhelmed, but grateful for all the miracles too. I hope Jacquie feels better soon. I'm glad you got to fill in for cares, it must have been really special for you. Love you!

Margie said...

I always appreciate those new pictures!!