Tuesday, August 11, 2009


Look everyone NOTHING HIDING MY FACE...
                              Well except my feeding tube

Today I went to see Kaden and was there for his cares and go to see his whole face.  He is on a different c-pap machine and during his cares they took it off for a few min.  He just had a mask blowing by him an he was just chillin.  He has the deepest blue eyes.  All this time I thought they were dark brown and they aren't.  The nurse showed me inside his mouth and I could see his cleft pallet. He has a split in his gums and a very narrow roof of his mouth with what looks like a fingerprint hole in it.  All repairable but it will be a challenge to feed him when the feeding tube comes out.  He is so alert and he seems to respond to the voices he knows.  He is such a beautiful baby and such a blessing to me.  I could visit him for hours and just look at him.  It is fun to see his personality at such an early age.  He is truly a miracle.

7 comments:

Tara said...

What a little fighter baby! I just told Jacquie I feel like you can see it in his eyes! What a miracle!

Michelle said...

He REALLY is a Miracle. I never even thought of how hard it would be to feed him. He is lookin so good. I didn't know he had a cleft pallet too. Its amazing that todays technology with be able to repair that. I think his lip is cute though. I am so glad that he is continuing to grow and thrive.

jen said...

Up and down, up and down.
When he gets home, has further surgery, then celebrates his 2nd birthday, you'll look back and wonder what all the trial was. Because it's worth every second!

The Schommers said...

that nurse was really nice to explain those things and let you see his cleft, huh??? :o) you are a fantastic mom/grandma...happy we are finally making some progress!!!

Denice said...

he is so adorable! you must be one proud mama!

Michelle said...

Julie he is a cutie...! I am so excited to read that you will get to hold him...go get em grandma!!! :)

Gail said...

What a little cutie he is..and growing more each day. I know this must be a tremendous load and such an emotional roller coaster for all of you! You continue to be in my prayers and I believe in the power of prayer. Just keep doing all you're doing and the Lord will make up the difference.
Did you know Steve uses a c-pap machine every night? He has for years! Kaden's is much smaller:). It was great to see you at the farewell, we really need to get together for more than a quick hug:). Love you!