So many things have happened this week. Kaden is a big boy now in his preemie clothes (they are big on him) He is a whopping 3 pounds 8 ounces. He did a good job on the c pap machine and the doctors decided to put him on oxygen prongs only. He is doing so good. He would fight the nurses when they tried to put the c pap machine on him and is sooo much happier on just the prongs. Look how adorable he is.
Today was a super special day for me. I finally was able to hold my first grandson. Oh my gosh what a blessing and honor it was. Jacquie and Rusty made me think they were not coming to the hospital when I was there and I would have to wait to hold him and they surprised me and walked in a couple minutes later. I was in heaven. He just cuddled with me for a long time and we were both happy. I took this self portrait. He did not have his clothes on so we had to keep him covered up. He really is in that bundle of blankets. It was so awesome to feel like grandma.
Here his is yesterday when I was telling him a story of Prince Kaden. He loved it. I found out at work yesterday that he was finally stable enough for me to hold him so I left work only to miss Jacquie by 15 minutes. Sh wanted to be there the first time I held him so I had to wait till today. His nurse let me have the top up to his bed so I could get close to him and give him kisses and ell him my little story. He loved it and would smile in his sleep like babies do but would never do it when I tried to capture it on my phone. It's like he was teasing me.
Tape holds in the prongs and his feeding tube is now in his nose. He is learning to take a pacifier and even took 3 cc's from a bottle. The plastic surgeon came in today and he does not have a cleft pallet. He said it is very narrow but not open. A orthodontist came in too and with the split in his gums he may latter need a surgery to graft bone to support permanent teeth but so far the one surgery on his lip so far. Good news on this cause that means feeding him should be easier for him and Jacquie. More good news.








11 comments:
Hey Julie, that is so cool, I love that feeling of holding those grandbabies, nothing beats it! I am so glad to hear things are going so good, we continue to keep you all in our prayers! Love ya, Michelle
I am so very happy for you. what and awsome moment that has been to long in the making. Can you even believe that he has made it this far - WHAT A MIRACLE! Modern day medicine is truly amazing. I still have losts of Dallin and Hunter's preemie outfits as I can't bear to get rid of them. To sentimental I guess.
Congrats! sounds exciting!! Kaden is super adorable!
Kaden is sooo adorable! Congrats on getting to hold him!
Hooray! Hooray! So awesome you got to hold your sweet grandbaby! So much good news! I am so happy for you guys!
Such a happy day. It won't be long now till he's home. It seems like he's right on track to make it into his own bed and snuggle up to his mom all night!
so cute, glad you got to hold him so presious.. hey its kinda fun that are girls hang out together, i got to bring her home the other night cause someone was too tired...lol good to see ya at camp
That is the best news! He looks so natural laying on your shoulder and even though I know he is still tiny, his face is looking almost chubby in the last picture:). He is just adorable and it is such a gift to watch him going through each miracle....so exciting!
that little baby is such a miracle. and so cool you got to hold the little guy. that must have felt so good. grandma.
Glad he is doing so well. He really is getting bigger!
I am so excited for you! I look forward to more good news.
Post a Comment