Saturday, August 8, 2009

update

Kaden is doing well.  After I took that picture of Jacquie holding him she tried to put him up on her shoulder to make him happy but it did not work.  He kept d sat ing so they decided to put him back to bed.  Being back in bed did not make Kaden happy cause he pulled his feeding tube right out of his mouth and he started to cry about.  'got to hear his tiny voice for the first time cause he was mad. He is a boy that knows what he wants and seems to get it.  Dr o'neal came in today and said his eyes look better than they did just last week.  So maybe no surgery!!!!!  Jacquie is finally at the point where all this ups and downs are getting to her.  We need to remember her in our prayers.  She has so many ups and downs  with Kaden and her emotions it is hard.  They are trying to find a new place to live and Jacquie is actually back to work part time. She finds it tough when people don't seem to understand what she has going on.   A baby in the nicu for 2 months, travel back and forth, pumping milk cause that's all you can really do as a mom.  Working, visiting when she can or when a specialist is there.  Having his condition get good just to turn bad in a matter of a couple hours. It's all a guessing game.  He is in her arms one min and that pulling out his feeding tube the next min.  It's all such an emotional roller coaster.  It is never ending and tough and to the point you throw your hands up and yell HEEELP...  They really could use our prayers.

4 comments:

Denice said...

i can do that! put Kaden on the temple prayer roll a few days ago.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh this just broke my heart reading this! I feel so bad with all that Jacquie has going on, actually that you all have going on! Now that my kids will be back in school next week and I will be off a few days of work I'm going to hunt Miss Jacquie down and see what I can do to help her! I will for sure keep her and all of you in my prayers.

JoLynn Ellsworth

Tara said...

I finally figured out I have been out of the loop with you guys for a couple weeks so I am glad to be catching up now.

When I saw Jacquie a few weeks ago, my heart wanted to break for her. I think of her and you guys often! My heart aches for her to just have her little baby boy home soon. Until then, we will keep you ALL in our prayers. The blessings will come...

Michelle said...

Hey Julie...I love your post and it puts my life in perspective, when I think things are tough I get humbled reading about your family and what you all are going through, I put your all your family and Kaden's name in the temple today also, St. George is praying for you all also! I just wish I was closer to lend a hand! Love ya. :)