Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Busy Busy ......... Me

So much has been going on since the last post i will attempt to play catch-up.
Labor Day weekend was busy and I worked most of it. Bret played super dad and took the girls hiking. Rachel brought a couple friends and my broth-in-law and nieces went too. They had so much fun. I kinda wish I went with them.......except for the fact that they HIKED. That means exercise and I am currently boycotting it in any form.
Rebecka, Bret, Rachel
Crazy girls

I probably would not have done that

Jacquie and Rusty moved into a bigger apartment. So I collected boxes from work and went over a few times to help her pack. With Kaden and work she is busy and needed the help. They moved into a 2 bedroom at the same complex they already lived in. The move was Saturday and went well. I don't think anything broke which is always a plus. They are trying to prepare for Kaden to come home so they needed the extra space. I have thought it would be nice to move myself but forgot how much work it takes. The longer you are somewhere the harder it becomes.

I have needed some fun in my life and a couple friends from work and I get together and have a pool day. Time to listen to music, munch on some food, cold drinks, and the warm AZ sun. A total day of relaxing. It has been so nice to have one totally carefree day a week. No work, no hospital, (not that I mind going there, but you know) no kids to do stuff for. A ME day. I feel I deserve that. It's a good way for me to get some color and vitiam D.

Kaden, little Kaden, is not so little anymore... 5 pounds 3 ounces, 16.5 inches long and looks so big. He has had his ups and downs just like any NICU baby does. Hard to believe he is 3 months old. He can be held more now. Bret, Rusty's dad, and my in-laws all were able to hold him for the first time this week. Once you get that sweet boy in your arms it's hard to put him down. He had surgery again on Monday. The eye Dr came in on Friday and said one eye needed more work so on Monday he had it done. They were able to do it bedside so he was not re-int abated which was nice. He was a bit fussy after but when Jacquie picked him up he settled right down. He loves his mama. Today was another major milestone in his life. He was moved into the continuing care nursery or CCN. This is one more step in preparing to go home. He needs to learn how to eat. He has the process down but gets to tired to eat. He also needs to get his oxygen requirements down and they will work on that after the feeding improves. The Dr says that they know he will go home on oxygen so let's teach him to eat first cause he is not going home on a feeding tube. So that is the next milestone. One more thing before he comes home will be hernia surgery which is a common problem with preemies and boys. People ask how much he will have to weight before coming home and that's not what they look at it's all the other stuff. They have to breath, keep their heart rate steady, poop, (cause everybody poops) you know the basics. He will probable come home before he is 4 months old. It is weird to think that he still should not even be born yet.



5 comments:

Gail said...

I'm really glad to hear you are taking time out of your busy-ness to take care of YOU! That weekly ritual sounds heavenly and you deserve it!
When I think how far Kaden has come and all he's been through I realize what a MIRACLE he truly is.

Tara said...

Wow! I guess I didn't realize he still wouldn't have been born yet. That seems crazy. Well he is out of NICU that helps, but I know the journey is still not over yet. Why does it take so much darn time? I remember my mom getting too tired to eat, it's one of those things just full of irony. Well I am glad you got a day to relax! You so deserve it! Tell Jacquie I said hi, and keep on keeping on!

Meredith Ferrin said...

sounds like you have been busy and you needed a "pool day" glad Kaden is doing so well...hopefully he keeps it up!

Went to Olive garden today for lunch, but you weren't there! Hopefully next time!

jen said...

Now the question becomes: who will be home first? Baby Fife or Baby Denton? My stitch comes out October 8th. (But I'm positive Kaden will beat us by a huge margin!)

Denice said...

busy mama! glad you got a day off. i need to do that sometime. little kaden is awesome!