Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mr Kaden

Well Thursday morning I was at home picking up around the house when Jacquie called very upset. She took Kaden to the cardiologist than to the pulmonologist to find out they both wanted him back in the hospital. He has not been "sick" at all (cold, flu, etc.) and we thought things were going along OK. The feeding thing has been an issue and his oxygen requirements have increased. He has been diagnosed with severe pulmonary hypertension. His little heart is working so hard to help him breath and his lungs are basically "crap". They have him in the ICU unit at the new wing of the hospital and he is having a tough time. He went home originally on 1/4 litre of oxygen and has slowly increased to 3/4 of a litre at home. Well he is now on 7 litres of oxygen along with nitric oxide. As the Dr plainly stated he is a sick little boy. He has a pic line and they are trying to avoid putting him on the ventilator. He has had food withheld from him since Thurs morning and he is still the sweetest boy. He tries to eat his whole fist to show how starving he really is and has pruned up his whole hand in the process. He will still smile at me when I talk like a duck and make silly noises with my tongue. He is still our fighter and we would appreciate your prayers.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear that he is back in the hospital. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. I would love to be able to meet him when I am there. I get there the day after Thanksgiving and I am staying for about two weeks.

The Schommers said...

always, always praying and thinking of him...let me know if i can do anything. love you guys...

Kristina said...

We are praying our hearts out for him over here. I hope things turn around for him very soon.

Karen said...

Hug Jacquie for me. Prayers are on their way.

Love you

Tara said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to read this. Tears are streaming down my face. You guys have been through so much, and I will keep praying for ya'll. I am in town, and if there is anything I can do, please let me know!