One day at a time. I have been sugar free and so far so good. I went to lunch today and whenever I eat at El Charro I get myself 3 small York Peppermint Patties when I pay the bill. A habit I've done for years and today Bret went up and got me 10. I got a little brown bag and was walking to the car with them when I realized I'm not eating sugar. So they sit on my counter, not even calling out to me. My desire to eat them went away once I remembered my commitment to no sugar. I love how that happens when I make up my mind to do things. I am feeling better each day and will soon be giving up white flour, rice, and potatoes. Once I conquer that hurdle I will move on to soda. Valentines Day is on Tuesday and I have to work a long day so I will wait till after that. so I can not be cranky and make good tips. No one wants a grumpy server coming off soda and carb withdrawals. Have a Happy Valentines Day, enjoy the ones you love and eat lot's of sugar.
Today is sadies. Rachel's first date. The theme is Disney so the girl's shirts say Beauty and the boy's say Sexy Beast. The back has red rose and says Sadies 2012. They rode go carts, went to dinner, the dance, after will go play games make pizza cookies with ice cream, and watch a movie. Fun filled day with good friends and they came by for pictures and seemed to be having a good time. Her date let the group go get in the car and he came back to ask me when I would like him to have Rachel home tonight. So nice to have her first experience on a date to be with a respectful young man. She took my camera so pictures will have to come later. I had a thought earlier that my kids are going to be grown up and out of the house before I know it. Scary thought of being an empty nester before the age of 55. Wow, I have so many fun things I hope to be able to do. I better buckle down and start saving my pennies.
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment