HOLA TODOS!!!!!!!! Estoy muy animada que tengo la opurtinidad estar aqui en el MTC!!! Honestly, I'm so happy. I never realized how much I need to be here until I am now here. The past few days have been quite a rollercoaster, a lot of ups and a few downs. I miss you all like crazy! The plane ride was rough. I tried to read your letter you wrote me Rachel, but I couldn't without balling (embarrassing the lady sitting next to me wasn't the friendliest and nicest woman I have ever met) so I will try and read the rest when i am a bit more emotionally stable hahaha. But seriously, I am so grateful for all of you and your support and kind words. i will try my hardest to get back to everyone who has emailed me individually, but forgive me if I can't find the time, because I appreciate it more than you will know!! ALSO MOM I LOVED YOUR DEAR ELDER SO SEND THEM TO ME EVERYONE DANGIT! It's a way that I can get a letter from you every day and read it if I want. It's gold here lo prometo. Ask momma julz if you want to know how to do it because honestly I don't know.....So for the nexxt six weeks, Saturday is the day I can email. I have all day until 6:30 just fyi. Anyway, this place is beautiufl. The buildings have these huge murals and there are pictures of Christ everywhere.
If I have learned anything in the past few days how exhausting is to be here lol, but I love it. Maybe it's because we wake up early, have along day, then have all of our energy at night when we should be going to be. Pero it is what it is. I also don't think i have ever been so proud to be from anywhere but Utah in my life. Arizona represent! Believe it or not, living In Provo is not as bad as I thought :)) It snowed the other night in class and I started flipping. People probably think I am insane. My companions names are Hermana Clement y Hermana Stout. They are little angels in my life. They love outdoors activities and are much more into sports than me so negotiating what we do for gym is a challenge, but I love them just the same haha. It's weird because I have felt like I know them forever, but, alas, three days it is. I guess that's what happens when the only time we are separated is when we pee, shower, and sleep.
Here I don't think they can stress enough the importance of SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE.or habla tu idioma. I have already grown so much in speaking Spanish, I was in the intermediate classs, but they moved me because my comapnions weren't in it. I was what they call a solo missionary, so it was me and group of five elders....yikes..I couldn't do anything alone I had to be with at least two of them at all times...But that has changed. WE TAUGHT OUR FIRST LESSON FOR THRITY MINUTES ALL IN SPANISH IT WAS SO SCARY!!! they throw you right in the deep end hahah....but God won't give us the words if we never open our mouths. This I know. We got asked to teach for 45 minutes on Sunday in English and honestly that sounds like a breeze now. My testimony and the understanding I have had of God's power have already touched me so much I can't wait to see how much I have grown in a year and a half from now. The schedule here might be insane, the sleep minimal, and my longing to see you harder to deal with, but I am here because I need to be. We had a meeting the other night that testified these things to me. I am not here to be a salesman, to be a robot, or to be perfect. HEaven knows I can't be. But I am here to touch people's lives. I am here to bring people's live the peace that God's love brings me. To make the Gosepl personally relevant to them. I can not change people, but God can. If I teach someone how to recieve God's love and how to eel peace, then I think I can be successful. I think there are many good reasons to go on a mission, but only one good enough to stay on a mission: bring people to Christ. That is my purpose, and as long as I have Christ's name on my nametag and on my heart, (what a huge responsibility!!!), then I will serve him and the good poeple of Argentina. The gospel is a gospel of change. Just as much as I epect those I teach to actand change I must do the same. Testifico que Dioes esta en nuestros vias. Que me ama y Estoy muy eliz estar. I would like you all to know that I love my Savior. I have felt his love more than I can describe. That Go helps me learn he language (ITS HARD HAHA) and that hhis hand his always outstretched to us, all we have to do is grab on and don't let go.
I can't figure out how to download pictures yet but esta bien (that's my go to phrase here haha) but please email me! I am glad eva is asking for me now...good timing kid :)))) haha anyway I love you all. Keep working on that Spanish momma Julz. I keep you all in my prayers (God understands my broken Spanish), and please keep me in yours. If you made it this far, I am proud o you. Hopefully this was enough detail momma hahah. HASTA PRONTO
-Hermana Addington with love!





No comments:
Post a Comment