Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bon Voyage

Well I leave here in a few hours to head out on my vacation.  In typical Julie fashion I cleaned my house, did every speck of laundry, got food in the freezer lined up, and my bags are packed.  With the swine flu we are going on a northern, I am going to freeze, cruise.  A couple days at sea than we stop at San Francisco.  I have not been there in several years so it will be a fun stop with lots to do.  Than we head up to Victoria Canada and this will be a new place to see.  i hear it is absolutely beautiful.  Northern Oregon and Washington area are places I love to visit so this is right up my alley.  Than to Seattle.  My brother has a great attitude about visiting his home town.  He said he can do all the touristy stuff he never does because he lives there.  He jokes about taking a taxi to his house for lunch a our excursion but who wants to make our own lunch when we are on VACATION.  One fun thing about trading the sun for the cold is that Carnival will be giving each guest a $75 .00 to all guests so I have shopping money.  Sweet!  And they are bending over backwards for us and letting my Becka go for Free.  Yes Free.  My great nephew (boy I sound OLD) will be going with my brother so he can hang with his grandson before surgery so I asked if bringing Becka would give him someone to hang with while the rest of us do grown up things.  It took some convincing but Becka decided missing school for a week and missing 2 Sundays would be ok.  She is so different from me in that way.  She also is concerned that we will be able to have healthy food on the cruise.  So with some of her extreme concerns worked out she will be my buddy on this cruise.  I am so excited to take her.  Rachel thought is was cool that I take Becka as long as ............................................................I buy her a new pair of jeans.  She is my teenager alright.  What more could a kid want that will miss out on a 8 day vacation.  She is so funny.  S o you may not hear from me all week so watch my house for strange goings on, check on Jacquie and Kaden.  Make sure Bret knows where Rachel and Craig are at all times and I will be able to relax.  Oh and don't forget to wish Jacquie HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON MAY 7TH.  SHE WILL BE LONELY AND BORED ALL WEEK.  

2 comments:

Kathy La Voie-Skiba said...

Julie, I have enjoyed reading your blog. You are a wonderful writer. I am sorry that y ou miss your dad. I would like to be able to tell you that it gets easier with time, but it does not. Please know that Kaden and his mother are in our prayers, as well as Dave. I hope you have a fabulous, well-deserved vacation and we will "chat" when you get back. Kathy

Gail said...

Hope it's fun, you need to let me know when you get back so we can get that ride in! Bon Voyage!