We left Tuesday and came home on Saturday. The weather was great. Cooler than the valley and it rained everyday. We had a nice thunderstorm one evening and it was nice to sit outside under the ramada and take it all in. I was with 12 year old girls and they had never been to camp before, they were silly, afraid of bugs, hyped up on sugar and some of the sweetest girls you will ever meet. I spent the week with no TV, radio, I-pod, or even my cell phone and it was great. Out of all the girls that went from our ward there was never any arguing, hurt feelings, or anyone who was homesick. I enjoyed every minute of it. I learned from those girls more than I could teach them. I learned so much from the other leaders. New ways to bring the scriptures to life and have them apply to me. The love my Heavenly Father feels for me. I know He is always there for me and with His help I can do anything. I was uplifted and learned many things that will help me in my life. I can not express how thankful I was to be able to go.
Rachel getting ready to repel. She did not want to
do it but I convinced her to do it and go down the harder drop.
She did it and liked it... see I know best!!
Becka had to balance on this A frame and with the help
of all the girls holding the ropes walk.





2 comments:
Glad to see you made it back from camp in one piece! It warms my heart to hear you speak of the Heavenly Father the way you do. I miss you!
i went a few weeks ago. it was such a great spiritual uplift! such a blessing to spend a week with the girls :)
Post a Comment