Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SUGAR...... MY SATAN

My friend Jenny here has posted a lot about her addiction to sugar. She has her battles with the "sugar monkey" and as I read her post I have to admit I too have an addiction to sugar.  I have an amazing ability to make my mind up to do something and I can almost always achieve whatever that goal is. Here are some examples.... Years ago I smoked and I wanted to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, well as some of you know we have the word of wisdom which smoking is something we should not do.  Well the church meant so much to me I quit a pack a day habit just so I could be baptised with a simple prayer and a real desire to do what I was supposed to do.  I had a couple friends that ran everyday and they kept trying to get me to go with them and join Weight Watchers so many years ago I joined. I ran, yes ran, 4 miles a day with them and that lasted till I got preggo with Craig.  I lost weight and felt great.  Than I had many years of mistakes and eating as I pleased and I packed on the weight.  I was what the consider morbidly obese.  Needing to make some changes in my life I decided to start it with a diet and with lots of hard work and WITHOUT any outside help (diet pills, dr.'s or diet groups) I lost 70 pounds.  I felt amazing.  Than this past summer I found a great cause to motivate me to loose more weight (I gained 20 back of the 70 I lost) I did great.  Decided to give up the sugar and did not touch one thing with sugar for months.  Somehow sugar or what I call SATAN crept back into my life.  WWWHHHHHHHYYYYY, I was doing so much better.  Felt good, looked good, and was happy till that sweet stuff crept back into my life.  I decided to get back to exercising and feeling better about myself again.  I got up Mondy ran/walked 4 1/2 miles and came home just to eat M&M's.  WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! What a waste of my total soreness and time if I was just gonna come home and blow it.  I have thought about it and figured out what the problem is.  I did not commit to the change. I did not swear off sugar.  I did not make up my mind to get off the sugar.  I have a worthy cause and it is not for me it will literally help the life of someone else yet I still eat the junk.  So here I am in my blogging world publicly stating that tomorrow (tonight I will have my final ounces of sugar due to an activity I have planned) I will get off that drug that has ruined my life, made me cranky, shown me my addictive behavior, and will make healthier choices in my days to come.  SATAN will be put out of my life....  I will become the me I know I can and will loose the weight I need to and get my BMI where it needs to be (15 more pounds). Hopefully I can help someones life become what they need it to be and get mine to be healthy for my heart and the sanity for my family.  So bloggers and friends who read my posts secretly root for me so that SATAN will no longer tempt me and keep me from achieving my goal.  The sugar will be a thing of my past like it has so many times before and I will go from crab to fab.  MY MIND IS MADE UP.................. Here I go!!


1 comment:

jen said...

Do I have to secretly root for your or can I root publicly? You know I get kinda loud . . .

And Rachel is 16. Wow. Have we been friends THAT long? I don't feel THAT old.